Sunday 9 September 2007

9"x5" market


Part of my life as a textile artist is the attempt to run a craft market stall as a way of generating a regular income.

After today, I'm not so sure of my grand plans. I didn't sell a thing. First time ever. For those of you who are thinking 'so what'. This is just my second market, the first one closed after only about a year and a half. This one is new and it is only the second market. The first being a great success. So I'm quite a newbee at this and don't really appreciate this little setback.

Further information is that I'm also on the steering committee and am committed till February. It has been a sunny day and it is the footy final season. I've got lots of scarves. We'll see. October is the next one.

I need to think about what I might like to have that is not dependent on cold weather. More decorative hangings, cooler type scarves, I'll be searching for answers over the next two weeks before we head off for holidays.

If you're reading this and you're local, come along and have a look. Small, quality and interesting.

No comments: