Tuesday 18 September 2007

A Birthday skein


Last night I drove down to our holiday house at Phillip Island to sort out a new hot water service. I did manage, however, to finish the Experimental Spinning birthday skein. Last night I discovered the lolly bag that I'd forgotton about...thanks Tammie....So sitting there spinning and eating lollies! I finished it today when I got back home. It's a mix of fluffy wool and mohair. Then plyed with dark blue cotton. It's just a bit of fun, but I want to make something to remember the party by. It's only about 28gm, so I thought maybe, a little pouch. Need to wash the skein and think some.
I've also managed to paint the three, black and start warping my nylon. I need more space, it's an extremely slow process when you have to climb over things and you can't get in the right position. I need to disemble my borrowed loom and get my workshop back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your birthday skein! And I'm glad you enjoyed the lollies too - did you blow up your balloon and honk your party hooter? (giggle)