Friday 14 September 2007

Jewellery on Friday


With my trip to the violin maker post-poned to next week, I was at a loose end this morning. Could have done some cleaning, instead, I decided that setting up my new loom (Varpapuu Finlandia 8-shaft Countermarche floor loom- recently purchased) would be a good idea. It was, however, confirmed that I need to find a home for the Glimakra I've been baby-sitting. At least, I need to take it apart. I can't move in my workshop (read converted garage). But it is great...photos will follow.

Friday afternoon was better, as I spend time with Carol at Shacara Beaded Jeweller (http://www.shacarabeadedjewellery.com.au/) learning new techniques. This is a very adhoc arrangement, which works quite well, as I learn how to work wire whilst making presents for my nieces and young friends. The bracelet created today, is herringbone wrapped and was quite simple.

I'm hoping to apply it to a sculpture I'm going to be working on using yarn and rocks!

Carol has a beautiful shop above my local woolshop: Woolybutt, (http://www.woolybutt.com.au/) where Lorraine and Carol provided a consultation session about my 'Hangable Art', which I had taken along to show Carol. More work to be done creating a wide and new range, I really need to warp up my loom.

No comments: