Saturday 15 September 2007

When I knit for me!


Today I went to the Handweavers and Spinners Guild of Victoria monthly meeting. I'm a member of the Teaching Committee and we have our meeting as well. Unfortunately, there are a number of issues to be dealt with and the next few meetings might well be a bit traumatic. However, it is generally a good day and I catch up with friends and finish the day with coffee at Filous (French bakery, good coffee, great conversation). I did manage to give my Experimental Spinning group and 3D5S group reports, including a long essay on the Experimental 5th birthday party. I also showed off AB bear modelling the violin scarf sample and the grown-up version. A bit of fun.

I've also decided on concentrating on weaving my 'Hangable Art' and doing slightly larger and perhaps more refined versions. I'll try and wind the warp tomorrow. I'm feeling quite positive about it and hope to get at least a few done for the next market.

I have, however, decided that tonight I'm going to do my own knitting. It's been awhile, but I think it's about time. At Craft Victoria's scarf festival, by a weird turn of events I won the Patons Speed knitter of the year and the prize was $100 worth of yarn. This is a difficult dilemma when you're a spinner and knitter with a stash, and, it was the end of the season when some were no longer available. Very generously it was also at wholesale prices. I ordered just two yarns and got lots!

This is the jumper I'm working on for me in the Cleckheaton Country Silk in the brown colour. The pattern is from Vogue Knitting Fall 2006. When I've knit the cable I'm going to dye it, probably red which should overdye nicely. I will test it first. But I love the pattern and the Country Silk is knitting up very well.

No comments: