Tuesday 23 October 2007

What you can find in your garden!



Having been away for three weeks over a good growing time things have happened in my garden. OK, it's taken me a week to discover it! I don't remember this plant flowering. The big tree that has shaded this area is only just recovering and regaining its leaf cover after losing most of its' leaves due to the drought, and the remaining leaves were looking very distressed. This might account for the flowering, also, this plant might also be stressed and is flowering in desperation. Anyway, it is a beautiful purple and tightly curled, and I don't know what it is except that it is a native! Isn't Mother Nature wonderful?


I didn't have a long time to weave, however, I did manage to get quite a bit done on the next woven memory, basic black. I included gold wire for highlights and really like this one. I'm falling in love with my new loom and enjoying the way it has been designed to make my life easier. All I need now is to dismantle the borrowed loom and get more space!

As I sit and weave, I'm generating more ideas for the next one and the next one. The idea that you need to sit down and work each day, I think is very true. Not only is it good for technique, but the process enables you to be more in tune with the materials and the loom. For these works, that are designed as I weave, this is really important. You can't always see how something comes out until the end.

I had a go at knitting texture from my Cemetery pictures, all I discovered, apart from alot of lovely patterns was that a Marle yarn (light and dark together?) is really the best! That's all!

No comments: