I've just finished spinning the mix of bamboo, ramie, soy and carbon. It has to be the worst spinning experience...the bamboo goes everywhere, the carbon and soy are completely inelastic and who knows about the ramie it got lost. Very different amounts of twist were required depending on the fibre, though that is my fault for choosing this particular path!
I decided to spin another single of silky wool and ply them together. This certainly improved the look and handle and I'm starting to be happy.
As there is only about 30gms I thought I might also dye at the same time, some fluffy wool, whose provenance is unknown, but might provide a nice contrast to the handspun skein.
I had some Landscape Desert Pea to dye the two skeins. I've used this on wool before and got quite a strong red, but failed to this time. Not sure what the problem was, but it's a decent result.
The dye took very unevenly on the multi-fibre dye, as you would expect.
This is going to be quite a challenge to get an interesting scarf. At least it's bright.