Saturday 31 January 2009

Sponge cake hat

Some relief from the weather. It's a bit cooler and is only getting up to 37deg C today.........

I did realise, yesterday, that I hadn't shown you the sponge cake hat. Well....

Remember this.








I turned it into this.




Then I did this, as well.




I decided I wanted to knit a sponge cake hat.
I have a very old pattern, early 50's, late 40's, which I've used before which uses stocking st and reverse stocking stitch to create layers, and has a very flat top. So I thought I would use that to create this hat.

I love it. It's just what I wanted and is suitably fun and suitably practical. It's now for sale on Etsy, as is the very large skein of the slubby stuff.

2 comments:

Leonie said...

That hat is wonderful. Someone suitably arty is bound to snap it up!

Chrisy said...

It really is a work of art...would look great just displayed...