Wednesday 25 February 2009

How to embarass yourself on a train

Firstly, take a Tunisian crochet hook. Yep, the scarf I sold on Saturday was the only Tunisian crochet I have.
Secondly, decide that you have to have a project on the train going to orientation for the Diploma of Visual Arts at the CAE in town. Yes, I decided to commit to four years part-time of drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking and attendant theory work. I'm still more nervous, excitement hasn't sunk through yet.

Thirdly, start said work sitting up in bed working out what you want to do......in bad light....my eyes aren't what they used to be.


There I am set to go. I catch the train, which isn't particularly crowded and pull out my Tunisian crochet and start work. Halfway, I count the stitches.................wrong.......I'll just add another, it won't show...........there's the hole......it does show.
You know frogging on a train is just plain embarrassing and then you have the race to redo the whole lot because you don't want to wind it up. Don't look up and see if anyone was watching.
The trip home was more productive.

1 comment:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

What length Tunisian hook were you using? I only ask because mine are all long one's and I envision you almost stabbing the person next to you with the end of the hook as you work the Tunisian.
I'm a Melbourne girl too. South East of Melbourne. Nice to find you. Cheers Cat.