Tuesday 7 April 2009

Another fibre sandwich


For the second year in a row, the HWSG weekend in Harrietville had a group fibre sandwich. The originator of this wonderful weekend long build was unable to be there, but in her honour one was built and she will be receiving her bundle.


This was the pile that was created and duly split up into about 60 bundles.


This was mine.













As it is the school holidays we've decided to have a holiday with the boys, so I'm closing down all activities, blog, shop, etc.

However, it isn't a holiday without something to do. Even I'm not that good.


I decided that I would card the fibre sandwich and spin it on my new CD drop spindle. This sounds slow and relaxed to me.
I carded the lot in one go, which is rather more than you 'should'. So the bits that were left over were carded, separately and just laid on top. I'm going to split it up across and create a rolag rather than spin it in a worsted way. Should be fun. I'll probably ply it with purple again, when I get back.
There are a few holiday projects packed away, but more of that when I'm back.
I do however, promise to sketch......

No comments: