Tuesday 6 October 2009

Fibre and Clay

I have been quite busy of late turning these beautiful nylon warps into hopefully, some lovely works. I've been working toward my first 'not quite' solo exhibition.

I do love warps, they often intensify the colours and textures you're using and they hold such promise.

The thinner is 60 ends and the larger is 540 ends. However, after much angst, accidents (don't drop partially dented warps!) and redesign, the big warp was slightly smaller (320 ends!) Despite all this, all the new works that I've made have ended up achieving the result I wanted.

Today was the hanging. I spent all morning trying to get it all just right. Thank goodness the lovely Heather Wilson is there with her wonderful pots and dragons. The Bolin Bolin gallery is much larger when you have to put the work up. Finally, it's up and even looks OK.

If you're free Thursday night 6-8pm, we're having an opening, so please come along and help us celebrate our achievements, we'd love to see you.

Fibre & Clay
Teresa Bennett& Heather Wilson
9th October to 3rd November
9am to 5pm, 7 days a week

Bolin Bolin Gallery at Bulleen Art & Garden,
6 Manningham Rd W., Bulleen. 98505155.

www.baag.com.au

No comments: