Tuesday 18 October 2011

It's a zauber ball

With the view of spending our winnings, we ventured on a road trip to the delightful Sassafras in the Dandenong Ranges. YES winnings, Jen, Sarah and I won the Sheep to Shawl competition held at the Melbourne Royal Show this year, and as a prize we received a voucher to spend at the wonderful Sassafras Wool Store.

The Sheep to Shawl is organised by the spinning crazy that is Marion Wheatland. She is crazy, the ONLY person I know to take a spinning wheel to Antarctica in the world! We had four teams, though three were beginners, we won, of course, but failed to beat our time of last year. It was a wonderful day talking to each other, and talking to the public. Great fun and we will be there next year!

So, having finally found a mutually suitable time, well almost, I did have to leave after just finishing cake at the delightful cafe right next to the Wool Store. But we were there at the same time, long enough to buy our wool and have lunch and entertain L :) as she scooped yogurt all over her face!

The Sassafras Wool Store is amazing with plenty of incredible yarns and lots of other things to browse, but I had come to buy a zauber ball.
and I couldn't resist the colour and feel of:

These will turn into a pair of socks, of course. However, I still have to decide what to do with the zauber ball.

The Dandenongs were beautiful, the company wonderful and I have some new yarn. What more could you want?

1 comment:

Knitspingirl said...

What a yummy way to spend your winnings (congrats!).
I'm in the middle of making a pair of socks from a "crazy" zauberball. I'm in love with this yarn (I have at least another 2 in the stash).