Monday 27 August 2012

Antiques Roadshow and spinning!

Yesterday, the Banyule City Council put on a sort of Antiques Roadshow at the Banyule Arts Space, as part of their Winter in Banyule festival. This was the last event. I don't usually get a chance to go to the Winter events, but I was asked along with some other members of the Handweavers and Spinners Guild to go along and demonstrate spinning. I guess a sort of 'antique' art!

It was a lovely day with our spinning providing interest and memories before the 'show' and afterwards when there was tea and scones for afternoon tea, of course!


It was an excellent afternoon. I love the television program 'Antiques Roadshow', though not a collector, I do love the stories that pieces carry with them and the odd 'find' is always exciting. Our little local roadshow had some wonderful finds of its own. The $2000 bronze that had been used as a doorstop, the gold and topaz brooch that had been found at Northland and the most exquisite Japanese embroidery on silk of a pair of tigers and so much more.

And I did manage to get some lovely Wendy Dennis fleece spun.


No comments: