Tuesday 1 January 2008

Back to the Spinning wheel


Spent a couple of days relaxing at the beach before celebrating New Years in Melbourne in the sweltering heat. I know that doesn't quite make sense, but that's what friendship is! I did manage to finish a scarf and finish this multi-coloured spinning.
As you know I started the large skein and created the different colours by painstakingly pulling it apart and then wrapping around a core. However, I thought I might try spinning differently with the last little bit I had left over. I decided to spin it using the fold over finger method of spinning. This was very effective and much quicker.
I'm going to set the two skeins, mostly to make them easier to handle and I think I'll incorporate them in some weaving. It's given me an idea to create another lot of hangings and I think I'll dye some English Leicester in different colours, mix them up using a picker then spin it up and weave it with plastic as I don't think any colour is going to work. Should be fun.

No comments: