Wednesday 13 March 2019

The Madness has begun!

Signup was announced at the beginning of February for Sock Madness 13. I love this knockout competition where you have to knit socks in two weeks. this will be my fourth year! I signed up immediately and then panicked as I was supposed to have spun all my sock yarn by now.

Yes, I've decided to handspin the yarn for Sock Madness. I'm trying out all those breeds that are said to be good for socks. I have some Gotland, Jacob, Southdown and Shropshire tops. It's a limited pallette, but I thought it might be fun to see if you can get away from having to use nylon in the yarn to strengthen the socks.


I have managed to spin 3, spun 1 without plying yet, and have another half finished on the wheel. That should be enough to keep me ahead of the pack. I'll keep spinning while I'm waiting....

Oh, no the Warm-up sock has arrived and it uses all those little bits that you have left over. It's too tempting.....

Here they are:




And, here is the bag of leftovers that I still have. How does yarn keep filling up the spaces it's stored in, no matter how much you take out? Should I do another pair?!


Waiting....


No comments: