Saturday 16 October 2021

Unfinished projects

So many unfinished projects, I seem to start and stop losing my mojo....until now. 

Have finally caught up with Stuart and Shannon in the park with an afternoon picnic lunch with all the others also picnicing. I remembered the jumper I started, having done the back and one sleeve. Because of the rib, I couldn't decide if it was too big or too small......All's good, it fits exactly as he would like it.


It's a pattern from 'The Knitter' magazine. (Issue 150) One of the magazines I bought during 2020 to add to the pile. That's how I passed the time, buying magazines. Now they sit at the front door, ready to take to my local knitting group to give away, when we can meet again. I didn't really want them all. At least I found this jumper for Stuart.


I did have to make several adjustments. The main adjustment was not to use the 10ply yarn recommended and select an 8 ply from the Bendigo Woollen Mills range. 10ply is just to hot for our climate and for my hot running boys.

It's a simple calculation if you do a tension swatch and have all the measurements.

I'm happy to be back knitting for Stuart. After that's finished there's an exciting challenge for Michael's next jumper.


No comments: