Monday 19 October 2020

From my Window - BCC Window Installation project - the start

 I'm embarking on an exciting new project for the month of October. Banyule City Council put a call out to artists to create work for windows of businesses all over the city of Banyule. They wanted to reflect the business and also use materials from the business, right up my alley. I put in a proposal for one window.

I was asked to do two, and then when another artist pulled out, I was asked to do more. So I went from one window to three! I am a little alarmed and hope I can finish all three windows to a good level. The three businesses I have are:

1. Eastern Vitality in Heidelberg where I'm going to focus on their plants and add flowers, phoenix and a background weaving.



2. Rosanna Heating and Cooling in Rosanna where I'm using their ducting to do some off-loom weaving and some origami houses and furniture. It's should be shiny and fun, I haven't done this sort of off-loom weaving for quite some time.


3. The Dish Cafe in Eaglemont was my third business and when I met them I was determined to use some coffee cups in their work. It was a sad story of good intentions unfulfilled, so I sort of feel that I'm mending them. I'll also do a weaving for next to their door incorporating no longer used plastic utensils.


These are all my first successful trials and I'm sure that they will develop further. I also have yet to do enough weaving for photos. There is a warp on the loom, though. The end of October is my nominal deadline with some leeway after that. Should be a busy month.


No comments: