Tuesday 8 June 2021

Tree Hugger




 With the possibility of a solo exhibition and how the fill a gallery space, I've been thinking about themes. It seems that 'Everything is Plastic' is looming as a distinct possibility. So far, there's 'Water', then I'll do something to do with home, but I'm focusing on having another large piece and I think it should be trees.

Trees...I do love trees. There's something older and wiser about trees, a solidity. 

I've a small collection of books about trees, either with the emphasis on the native trees of Australia or a growing wisdom around the connectedness and intelligence of trees.

'The Hidden Life of Trees' by Peter Wohlleben. 



'The Life & Love of Trees' by Lewis Blackwell



'Wise Trees' by Diane Cook and Len Jenshel



'Eucalypts: a celebration' by John Wrigley and Murray Fagg


Old Growth: Australia's Remaining Ancient Forests' by Peter McConchie

Beautiful pictures of trees and their lives. Already I'm thinking about the possibilities. 

No comments: